Welsh Gymnast costume illustraion

The inspiration behind this came from the recent commenwealth games. I was watching the rhythmic gymnastics (I've always liked gymnastics) and noticed the gymnast preforming was represent Wales (where I'm from). This immediately got me thinking of what costume I would design.
My inspiration came from the Welsh flag with the red representing flames from the dragon.
The costume would also feature plenty of diamantes in the same colours; so clear on white, red on red and green on green to catch the light as she performs.


I really enjoyed doing this and it has made me want to do a series of designs that are a more contempary using other welsh elements such as the daffodil.

The pose was tricky and something I need to work on. The colour in the legs is streak-y as I've been trying to get to grips with a blender pen but it has other ideas.

Done using promarkers, and sparkle effect added using Gimp.

thanks for looking X

Comments

  1. I love that design, i used to be a gymnast, and would have loved a decent leotard like that !
    http://ellique.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment