Skip to main content

Welsh Gymnast costume illustraion

The inspiration behind this came from the recent commenwealth games. I was watching the rhythmic gymnastics (I've always liked gymnastics) and noticed the gymnast preforming was represent Wales (where I'm from). This immediately got me thinking of what costume I would design.
My inspiration came from the Welsh flag with the red representing flames from the dragon.
The costume would also feature plenty of diamantes in the same colours; so clear on white, red on red and green on green to catch the light as she performs.


I really enjoyed doing this and it has made me want to do a series of designs that are a more contempary using other welsh elements such as the daffodil.

The pose was tricky and something I need to work on. The colour in the legs is streak-y as I've been trying to get to grips with a blender pen but it has other ideas.

Done using promarkers, and sparkle effect added using Gimp.

thanks for looking X

Comments

  1. I love that design, i used to be a gymnast, and would have loved a decent leotard like that !
    http://ellique.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration Wednesday.....

I think it's well over due for an inspiration Wednesday! So here goes.....






As always images are from Pinterest, to see more like this you can follow my Garment Details board here.

Inspiration Wednesday....

Images from pintrest

Inspiration Wednesday.....

All images from Pinterest.

Don't forget you can pin these images to your own boards, just hover over each image and look for the little 'p' in the top left corner.