Sewing a top- Butterick pattern.

This is a variation of my post sewing a dress. I've used the same pattern but I've shortened it to make it in to a tunic style top.

Front

                  Back

 The pattern was easy to alter I just followed the 'lengthen or shorten here' line on the pattern at the hip and then because the dress tapers in, I had to draw in a new line either side so the pattern lined up properly.

 I bought two and half meters of fabric which turned out to be what was left on the roll and the kind lady then sold it to me for the price of two.
The top is for a family friend but I was also able to cut out another one for my aunty too .

The only down side is the interfacing used on the black material for the yoke wrinkled whilst I was given the top a final press, I'm disappointed with this but I have been reading that cheap interfacing can do this so I guess it's true when they say you only get what you pay for!!!

                                                        Unsightly nastiness


 I've not  made up the second top yet and I'm considering leaving out the interfacing rather than risk this unsightly creasing nastiness again. what do you that think??
        
                                      Thanks for looking x x

Comments

  1. this is so cute--and inspiring me to make one too. I would leave out interfacing too. I am willing the warmer weather to come our way; its april and still so chilly and gray. :( but this will lift my spirits!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment