Draped: Angular Sale Dress.....

There are perks to working in a craft shop. We have a mannequin .... Aaand I get to dress it!!! (my favourite part by the way).

so it's sale time, the manager wants the mannequin re-dressed with the objective : make it eye catching. 

Here's what I did......



sticking with  the traditional 'sale' colours of red and white and with the instructions of 'felt might look nice' I went for something angular with on-trend cut out detail thrown in for good measure. I completely winged it, I didn't think I just did,  pinned and created direct from my imagination, thus this outfit was spawned!!






Felt holds lovely don't ya' know! And tis also a dream to work with, when you only have to pin it that is.
 I love the skirt part more than anything and the back too. So much so I want to make it (what a surprise) not out of felt though!!!


Here it is in all it's glory with it's own sale sign, I didn't make that though!!

What do you say: any unusually ideas of how I could fit 'her' out next?

Comments

  1. Wow, this is amazing! I would totally love to own a dress that cool...good work ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks amazing! If I were to be given such an open brief, I'd probably just freeze, you've really made something wonderful. How exciting to be able to make something without having to consider seams and fastenings!

    Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks, I sort of did freeze at first but I think my creativity instinct just kicked in haha!!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous and very creative!

    For the 'next' idea, I would probably get inspired by those drapes: http://youtu.be/zcTykuBQVQI

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank!! Brilliant idea too, thank you!!

      Delete

Post a Comment