Fashion show: London

A little bit later than planned, but I finally got round too looking at the rest of London fashion week, all in all I was really impressed, I though London really stepped up  a notch,  it's looks were much more polished and pristine than usual. I think it's the royal effect with, the Queens Jubilee and Kate have so much of an influence on what people are wearing I think British designers have looked directly at her style and capitalised on it, after all it would do soo much for a brand if Kate was to wear it, an advertising dream so to speak!!


Burberry Prorsum






Possibly one of my favourite show's I felt Christopher bailey really excelled himself with outer wear and cheekily steeling my thunder with capes (wonder if he's been looking at my blog for ideas haha!) the lace over layed coat is divine and so chic done in beige, it's perfect in that colour, not too over the top or bridal looking. I'm also a fan of the very fitted extremely cropped trench coat, now i quite fancy adding that to my makes list!!


Roksander Ilincic





This dress drew me for one reason and one reason only, I have fabric similar to this in orange and was thinking of a making a beach dress out of it, but haven seen the style of the top I'm contemplating making a top out of it instead!!



Erdem 





The pale blue running through this collection drew me, I'm not the biggest fan of the colour blue (although my football team play in blue?) but I like this one specially combined with orange and i felt the yellow looked really fresh, another colour combo for me to keep in mind!!


Julien Mcdonald 






I loved this collection!
It's one of my favourite Julien Mcdonald collections for a loooong time, the inspiration behind this is non other than Sharon Stone!  the gold dress captured me, unusual cutout detail and lots of sparkle equals one show stopper dress! I also liked the fire colour dress reminds me of a phoenix, unusual and pretty much shapeless which won't do anything for your figure but nice to look at! 


Twenty8Twelve:


Skirt shape! look, At, That skirt shape, fetch me my pattern cutting stuff and some rather nice cotton fabric!!

-

Observation notes

  • White, and lot's of it
  • polished and preen is the key look
  •  pops of bright colours featured heavily
  • colour block is still around but more discreet

The Disapointers:

Giles;
 more autumn winter than spring summer, He wanted to bring two looks together, I think they clashed, also lots of black and white, print and too much small cut out detail, just too much!!

Christopher Kane:
He started so brightly a few years back that i always expect something bold, different but likeable, this was bold this was different but not likeable, I felt it a bit plain at times and a bit disjointed not to my liking- sorry!!


Images from style

Comments