Illustration Friday - Universe Theme


I have to admit I'm not the biggest fan of space: T.v shows, films, games, documentaries etc (the complete opposite of my Bf by the way!) but I do like the patterns and colours that form the universe.

 In order to get back into my drawing mojo I thought I'd start by taking up illustration Friday again, only the topic was Universe!!

 Cue a little research for this one so I thought I'd share with you the moodboard I'd compiled......


Test Sheet:
Unsure of how to best create the galaxy cloud of colours. I decided on a test sheet trying out drawing ink, aqua pro-markers and watercolours.  surprisingly I settled for the aqua pro-markers.  (top left corner)

Test Sheet



I'm not the biggest fan of aqua pro-markers, but this time the pens did good. The image on the left is the marker applied as it is. The right image is after I'd gone over the marker pen with a wet paint brush, causing the colours to swirl and mix. And no galaxy is complete with out a hefty dose of glitter!


Follow on Bloglovin

Comments