V&A Wedding Exhibition: Gwen Stefani

watercolour/pen

There was one dress in particular that wanted to see at the V&A - Gwen Stefani's. I've always been fascinated by this dress mainly due to the pink dip dye hem and I've always wanted to see it up close. I loved it every bit as much as I thought I would.
It is striking and somewhat avaunt-guard. What I hadn't noticed when looking at pictures compared with seeing it for real is that the bodice of the dress is structured and corseted in a Victorian inspired way. 


 The most fascinating thing of viewing all these dresses is that three of them including Gwen Stefani's were designed by John Galliano.
All three were very different from each other and if you didn't know who the designer was, I don't think anyone would twig is the same one. Gwen Stefani's dress is very much a true representation of Galliano's style the other two, one being Kate Moss's wedding dress is a testament I feel, of how brilliant Galliano is as a designer.

Comments